My hands take a beating over the summer months. Sun, beach, chlorine…you name it, they endure it. I generally prefer a clean manicure over a fussy one, and less is definitely more when it comes to summertime manicures.
Right before I left for my month-long trip to Asia, I bought the Cranberry Orange Hand Scrub and Shea Butter Hand Cream from Pink Papaya. It took all of 5 minutes to get perfect hands with a coat of clear polish. There’s no need to trim cuticles, as the scrub and cream makes them soft. Here’s how to do a spa-level manicure yourself, courtesy of Pink Papaya:
1. Remove old nail polish with acetone remover.
2. File your nails, and then apply olive oil to your cuticles to soften them.
3. Exfoliate hands with the Cranberry Orange scrub, which removes dead skin without damaging any delicate tissue.
4. Moisturize with the Shea Butter cream. Apply generously for maximum rejuvenation.
5. Apply a clear basecoat to your nails.
Pink Papaya’s line is available through consultants. Inquire on their site for details.