One of my first published clips was, interestingly enough, a story on Hampton weddings for a local Hamptons newspaper. I was an 18 year old Freshman at Cornell when I wrote the story and needless to say, never married. Fast forward a few years and I’m still not that much closer to knowing much about weddings other than, makeup-wise, nothing is more important than waterproof mascara! With that I love that celebrity makeup artist Mally Roncal is helping make wedding day makeup for DIY ladies a little easier with her Beauty Mega Bridal Kit ($175). The kit includes:
- Perfect Prep Poreless Primer (in Glow): Minimizes pores, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Shimmer, Shape and Glow Face Defining System: To enhance natural bone structure.
- Brow Beauty Brow Fix: A compact for brows.
- City Chick Smokey Eye Kit (in Brownstone): A cream-to-powder formula to create a smokey eye.
- Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner: Waterproof, smudge-proof, fade-proof line.
- Waterproof Volumizing Mascara: Steadfast lashes.
- High Shine Liquid Lipstick Pen: Lip primer, lip pencil, full coverage liquid lip color, high shine lip gloss and lip brush all in one.
- Evercolor Poreless Face Defender: Clear powder.
I’ve never used anything from Mally’s range, but I thought bundling these products together was a great idea for brides who are stressing out about doing their own makeup or looking for something to keep handy for touch-ups.
What do you consider to be wedding day beauty must-haves?
** Mally is offering five winners the chance to win a Mally Beauty Mega Bridal Kit, Maggy London bridesmaid dresses, and Nina Shoes (for up to five bridesmaids). Four additional randomly selected winners will receive the Mega Bridal Kit too. To enter the Facebook contest, upload a photo of you and your fiancé along with your engagement love story, from now until to July 18th 2012!