It’s not just me – hot-hue fever seems to be everywhere. Even if I’m too timid to wear these captivating colors out of the house, I can’t help but feel energized just looking at them. From the street to the beach, perk up your lips, eyes, or nails with a brilliant shot of Technicolor. Just keep your daring element down to a minimum. Only one burst of tangerine or turquoise at a time, please!
1. Le Métier de Beauté Limited-Edition Nail Lacquer in Not So Safe Orange: The only time of year to really wear piping-hot orange is when it’s burning-hot outside. This take on neon feels classic, not tacky.
At Neiman Marcus for $18.
2. Illamasqua Intense Lip Gloss in Indulge: Bright pink is approachable when it’s in the form of a high-shine gloss. This brand’s formula stays true to its name – this color is really vivid – without getting sticky.
At Sephora for $20.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Ombres 5 Lumieres No.13: This eye shadow compact looks good enough to eat. This is spring in a box! Matte, shimmer, satin, and velvet come together in a playful mix that warrants some experimentation.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $56.
4. Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Atomic Orange: Give your lips a refreshing burst with a coat of saturated orange lipstick. The soft-matte texture keeps this daring hue classy.
At Bobbi Brown for $23.
5. Shiseido Hydro Powder Eye Shadow in H7: Light and dewy cream shadow makes for a nice wash of color, even when it looks this intense. Let your lids shine and keep your lips nude.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $25.